Meducation® makes understanding how to take medications intuitive and simple, to reduce medication errors, and improve medication adherence and patient health outcomes.
- Easy to understand with patient-specific (Sig-based) medication instructions written at the 5th-8th grade reading level
- Engaging and intuitive formats, such as a calendar summarizing a patient’s entire medication regimen, with pictograms and videos of medication techniques to convey information simply
- Address patients with limited English proficiency, by providing instruction in over 20 languages
- Get up and running quickly, with seamless athenaClinicals® integration, so that materials can be delivered to patients electronically or printed, without interrupting your workflow.
Access Meducation within athenaClinicals in two ways:
- In the encounter workflow, to give the patient instructions on their newly prescribed medications.
- In the Patient Chart or Quickview, when you want to create a calendar summarizing a patient’s entire medication regimen.
Once triggered, Meducation automatically generates patient-specific materials. An interface is presented that you can use to further tailor content for the patient in a number of options, including:
- Creating in over 20 languages
- Adding indication if it wasn’t specified in athena
- Adding auxiliary instructions (e.g., “take with food,” etc.)
- Increasing font size for elderly or vision-impaired patients